Are you staying in Kalyan in Maharashtra? And you are looking for some information about RTO Kalyan? Well, here you go with all the relevant and important details. You must know your RTO details as this will help you in doing your vehicle-related activities and will ease your life. Let us see the same as below.
Let us first see the office and its details which falls under RTO Kalyan. You need to note that is only one office that comes under the purview of RTO Kalyan.
|Timings of the office
|Sahyadri Nagar, Chikanghar, Near Birla School,
Kalyan-West, Thane – 421301
|10.00 AM to 5.00 PM
Types of vehicle registration in RTO Kalyan
There are 2 types of vehicle registration in RTO Kalyan:
- Temporary Vehicle Registration, which is issued as soon as the vehicle is purchased for the initial tenure of 7 days till the permanent license is issued. This temporary registration can be extended to a maximum of 30 days, beyond which a permanent vehicle registration needs to be taken
- Permanent Vehicle Registration, which is issued to the vehicle after the initial period of 7 days.
Functions of RTO Kalyan
In India, every state and city have their own Regional Transport Office or Regional Transport Authorities which is commonly known as RTO or RTA. You must know that very RTO or RTA is accountable for performing certain jobs and actions as per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. This information will be helpful for you as you would know exactly what you need to do or where you need to go for a specific action that you might need to do pertaining to your vehicle or driving. Let us have a look at the functions of RTO Kalyan as below:
- To implement and safeguard the road safety measures
- To scrutinize the vehicles at the designated check posts when needed
- To collect necessary vehicle fees and the required taxes
- To facilitate the driving test for learners
- To issue permits for all tourist vehicles
- To renew the registration certificate of vehicles
- To issue a learning license, driver’s license, and international driving permit
- To issue a certificate of fitness, permits and the certificate of the temporary registration
- To issue No Objection Certificate or the NOC for transfer
Verification of the details of your vehicle registered in RTO Kalyan
You can verify the details of your vehicle online for the same registered in RTO Kalyan by following these steps:
- Log on to parivahan at:
- Enter your vehicle’s registration details along with the Captcha Code for verification and then click on “Check Status”
- The details of your vehicle would be displayed like:
- Registration No
- Registration Date
- Chassis No
- Engine No
- Name of the Owner
- Class of your Vehicle
- Type of your Vehicle’s Fuel: (Petrol/Diesel/CNG/Electric)
- Maker / Model
- Fitness Validity date
- Insurance Validity date
- Road Tax Validity date
Thus, the details of your vehicle can be verified for your vehicle registered in the RTO Kalyan. So now you know the functions, timings, etc. of the office of RTO Kalyan, which might come handy in case you need to visit your RTO in Kalyan.
You can visit the official site transport.maharashtra.gov.in and get the necessary details.
Yes, there can be. Example: Thane in Maharashtra has got 2 RTO offices etc.
You can refer to https://goo.gl/maps/ for the directions for the RTO Kalyan office.
Yes, the codes are different for different RTO office. Like MH 05 is for RTO Kalyan, code for Mumbai Central office is MH 01 and for Thane is MH 04.
There are a total of 50 RTO offices in Maharashtra.