Are you planning to shift to a different location? Are you worried as to whether you can change the address in your important documents like a driving license? Don’t worry, you can change your address easily by following certain simple steps. Driving licence is used as an address proof in various aspects and hence it is important for you to change the address once you have moved to a new location or place There can be various reasons for you to apply for an address change like relocating from one place to another for job purpose temporarily or moving out permanently etc. Hence, you must notify the respective RTO for any change in the permanent so that your updated and the recent address reflects in your driving license.
The Driving License Address Change Procedure:
As mentioned above, if you have moved to a new place, you will be required to put forward an application to the respective Regional Transport Office. And the primary and the important step for you will be to get a No Objection Certificate or NOC or a Clearance Certificate from the same Regional Transport Office from where the initial driving license was obtained. After getting the NOC, you will have to visit the respective RTO for driving licence address change. You also have an option to do this online as well.
Now, let us see the steps involved for how to change the address on driving licence online in details:
- Step 1: You can visit the official website named https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/ which is the Government website for Transport in India
- Step 2: You will have to choose your own state from the list of states as mentioned in the page
- Step 3: For an address change address on driving licence online, you will have to click on “Apply Online” option and select the option of “services on driving license
- Step 4: Then you needtoclick on the “Continue” button after reading the necessary instructions
- Step 5: You will have to fill in the details as required in the page like driving license number, your name, your date of birth, name of the RTO, the old and the new state with the RTO name and then continue further by tapping on “Proceed” button
- Step 6: Post the above step, the relevant and necessary personal details for yourself will reflect on the page like cell number, Aadhar card number, qualifications, blood group of the applicant which needs to be confirmed
- Step 7: As mentioned above, a NOC is a must from the respective RTO for change address on driving licence online and hence you will have to tap on “issue of NOC” to move forward for getting the same
- Step 8: You will have to fill in the captcha and tap on the “submit” option
- Step 9: You will be able to see the acknowledgement form which reflects in the page with the necessary details and with the requested service, in this case, its NOC issuance. After this, you will tap on “Proceed” option to move ahead
- Step 10: The next step for you is to upload the necessary documents like address proof, age proof and form 1 which is an application and declaration for your physical fitness and proceed ahead
- Step 11: The next step for you is to upload your signature and photograph and tap on the “Next” key which will enable you to see “upload and view files” option
- Step 12: After the above step, you will have to choose “DL Slot Book” and tap on “Next” key and move further
- Step 13: You will have to authenticate your details and then you need to select the Class of Vehicle and tick the “Proceed to Book” key
- Step 14: You will have an option to choose the and time slot as per the availability and then tap on “book slot” option
- Step 15: A message will be sent to your recorded cell number and the appointment letter will be reflecting which you need to print and carry with you once you visit the RTO office
- Step 16: You need to pay the necessary fee ( mentioned below) in this stage after which you can take out a print out of the receipt
- Step 17: Now you are in the final step where you can take out a print out of the new driving license reflecting the changed address
Let us see the documents which need for a change address on driving licence online as below which are simple and you need to upload in the website as mentioned above with your details as well
- No Objection Certificate or NOC or Clearance Certificate
- Form Number 7 which is the application for a smart card
- Address Change Form
- Post Cover
- Photographs passport-sized
- Address proof for the new address which can be any one of the below lists:
- Aadhar Card
- Voters Identity Card
- LIC Policy
- Any payslip which has been issued by the Government or any authenticated local organization
- Ration Card
- Affidavit confirmed by you as a candidate in presence of First ranked Judicial Magistrate or administrative magistrate or a Solicitor of Public
Charges for DL address change:
The fee for change address on driving licence online is a nominal amount of INR 500/- which you need to pay. You can pay this fee online when the application of address change is made online as mentioned above, else you need to pay at the respective RTO.
Turnaround time for receiving the new Driving License
You must be wondering as to what is the time taken to change the address in your driving license. Well, the turnaround time is 30 business days from the application date of the driving license. The driving license will be sent to your new registered address. This is applicable both online as well as offline facility availed by you.
Hence, if you are in Kolkata and you are relocated to Mumbai, you don’t have to get hassled and worried. Follow the above steps which are very user-friendly and get going.
Yes, NOC is a mandatory certificate issued by the preceding licensing authority affirming that no objection is granted to perform transactions on the specific licence and is pertinent for candidates whose changed address is beyond the dominion of earlier licensing issuing authority.
Yes, you can visit the respective RTO and place an application for address change and submit the necessary documents as mentioned above.
Yes, it is mandatory as per the Motor Vehicles Act, to ensure that the driving license holder is registered and tracked under the respective RTO.
No, duplicate driving license is issued if the driving license is lost, destroyed, stolen or torn, the photograph is very old and cannot be seen properly.