Citizens of India have got a new stage for receiving one more identity proof called Aadhaar Card. This initiative is a part of the “Digital India” that has been taken by the government of India to provide a unified platform of obtaining an identity proof and creating a centralized Aadhaar database. Aadhaar card is a tactical tool made keeping in mind various aspects as well, other than considering the same as a proof of identity. Holding an aadhaar will benefit the common man in getting many services as well as numerous social benefits and its related subsidies. Let us see what exactly an Aadhaar card is and what it contains.
What exactly is an Aadhaar Card?
Aadhaar Card is a unique 12- digit numerical identity that is issued to all Indian citizens by UIDAI- Unique Identification Authority of India, containing the biometric and demographic data of any individual and is used for authentication purposes. Today, Aadhaar Card acts as the uppermost documented proof of being an Indian citizen and is recognized nation-wide. UIDAI has provided the facility to hold this card in physical form as well as in soft copy in the shape of an e-Aadhaar. We will see a brief on e-Aadhaar in the next section for a better understanding.
e-Aadhaar- A new-age proof of identity
An e-Aadhaar is a password or PIN protected electronic replica of your physical Aadhaar and is signed by the necessary Authority of UIDAI digitally. The card has the same biometric and demographic details exactly like a physical Aadhaar card.
We will talk about several aspects of an e-Aadhaar card and understand what it is all about.
Brief on how to download an Aadhaar or e-Aadhaar
The UIDAI website allows you to download your Aadhaar or e-Aadhaar card smoothly on your desktop or laptop. You will have three options of downloading your e-Aadhaar namely, via your Aadhaar number, your Enrolment ID or EID and a Virtual ID or VID is shown as below. You need to the official website of UIDAI at https://uidai.gov.in/and need to go to “ My Aadhaar” and from there you need to select on “Download Aadhaar” to get your Aadhaar or e-Aadhaar.
A very important point to note here is though it is not mandatory to have your mobile number registered with your Aadhaar card. Registered mobile number is your mobile number which was submitted during enrolment for your Aadhaar or for any correction or update. However, it is necessary for you to get a One-Time Password or OTP that will be shared and auto-filled through your registered mobile number in all the three ways of downloading your Aadhaar as mentioned above. Also, it is suggested to provide your mobile number as well as your email address in order to get several updates with respect to your Aadhaar application status. If your mobile number is not registered, you’re your Aadhaar, you need to visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment or Update Centre for doing the same.
An evident question that comes up from the above discussion is how to download Aadhaar card without mobile number or whether at all you can download Aadhaar card without mobile number. Let us see the various aspects to this question as below.
The requirement of entering a mobile number in order to download your E-Aadhaar
As stated above registering your mobile number is not mandatory. When you go first time to enrol yourself for an Aadhaar card, you need not give your mobile number, but if you want to download your Aadhaar or e-Aadhaar online or you are using the m-Aadhaar application in your cell, then you need to have your mobile number registered with your Aadhaar card. To download E-Aadhaar, you must have a registered mobile number. Moreover, there are many service providers which might send OTPs to authenticate and verify your Aadhaar number for doing any important transactions, and, if you do not have your cell number registered with Aadhaar, you may face a challenge in completing those transactions. Hence, registering your mobile number is indispensable to access all the online services for your Aadhaar card.
Steps to download Aadhaar card without registered mobile number
You can follow the below steps to download Aadhaar card without registered mobile number.
- Visit the official website of UIDAI at https://uidai.gov.in/
- In the home page select ‘My Aadhaar”
- Click on the option “Order Aadhaar Reprint” under ‘My Aadhaar” as shown below
- Fill in your 12-digit Aadhaar Number or the Unique Identification Number or UID or 16-digit Virtual Identification Number or VID like below
- After the above step, you need to fill in the security code
- Tick on check box stating “My Mobile number is not registered” in case If your mobile is not registered with your Aadhaar as below
- Enter your alternative number or your non-registered mobile number
- Select the tab saying “Send OTP”
- You need to then click on the checkbox saying “Terms and Conditions”.
Important Note: You may see the details of terms and conditions on the hyperlink
- Click on the “Submit” button and complete OTP or TOTP authentication
- You will be able to see a screen stating “Preview Aadhaar Letter” as below for further verification before requesting for reprint.
- Tap on the option “Make payment” after which you will be forwarded to a Payment Gateway section which you need to complete as per your choice of banks available
- After you have made the payment successfully, a receipt would get created with a digital signature which you can download in PDF format. You will get an SRN Number or Service Request Number through SMS
- You will be able to track the SRN status till your Aadhaar Letter is despatched, on the status of
“Check Aadhaar Request Status” as shown below
- Additionally, you can also track the delivery status by going to the official website of DoP- Directorate of Printing-Http://dop.nic.in/
How to download Aadhaar or e-Aadhaar without OTP?
Below are the situations where you can download your Aadhaar without using an OTP
- If you do not give your mobile number during the time of enrolment, you need to go and visit the enrolment centre to get your Aadhaar card collected
- It may happen that the mobile number which you have registered is not functioning, in that case, you need to update your new mobile number. We will take you through the procedure of update or change in the next section for your reference.
How to add/update a new mobile number?
Now, that we know how to download Aadhaar card without registered mobile number, it is also important to know the process of how to add or update a new mobile number for your benefit. Let us see the steps below:
- You may fix an appointment after visiting the official site of UIDAI –https://uidai.gov.in/wherefrom you will know the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre by entering your location as shown below
- Fill in the correction or update form with your new mobile number
- The respective officer will validate the data given by you. The update will be authenticated with the help of your biometrics details like fingerprints and after submission, you will get an acknowledgement for the same which will be your URN number or the Update Request Number with which you will be able to track your request easily
It is important that you register your mobile number keeping in mind the various online advantages which you will get for your Aadhaar as well as to avail the other facilities given by various service providers. And now that we are aware of how to download Aadhaar card without mobile number
Considering the broad aspect of having a registered mobile number. have your mobile number registered with your Aadhaar card with immediate effect.
You need to visit your nearest enrolment centre to update your cell number and no extra proof is required for this activity.
You are advised to check all your data before finishing the online request when you are using the online SSUP or Self Service Update Portal for any update
You can easily update your mobile number and your email address through online SSUP portal provided your mobile number is registered in your Aadhaar, else you need to go to the nearest enrolment centre for doing so.
In case you have lost your mobile number or do not own that number anymore that you have furnished during enrolment, you would need to visit the closest Update Centre for you to update the required information personally.
Yes, it is compulsory to give a mobile number as it will be used for Authentication and you will receive a call as well to this effect. Status of your request or application will be notified to you via an SMS on this particular mobile number. Requests or Applications without mentioning your mobile number and Aadhaar for an update via post will not be processed.