IDBI Bank is a reputed bank which offers a range of banking solutions to customers. If you hold a bank account with IDBI Bank, you can link your account with your Aadhaar card for ease of banking. Some time ago it was made mandatory by the Government to link your bank accounts with Aadhaar. This step was taken to eliminate the fraudulent and duplicate accounts which were operational in banks. Since Aadhaar number is a unique identification number, once linked with the bank account, it would mark the account to an individual. This would remove the possibility of a duplicate account and help in the prevention of money laundering. However, the Supreme Court overruled the Government’s mandate and made Aadhaar linking voluntary.
Though IDBI Aadhaar link is voluntary, if you link Aadhaar with IDBI bank account online you can get direct subsidies and payments from the Government. Moreover, IDBI Aadhaar link would also allow you to do online banking transactions with ease as your transactions would not need to be authenticated every time.
Given the benefits of IDBI Aadhaar link, if you want to link your Aadhaar with IDBI bank account, there are various ways of doing so. IDBI Bank allows its customers different ways in which they can opt for IDBI Bank Aadhaar link. Let’s understand what these ways are –
How to link Aadhaar with IDBI Bank account?
- Through the bank’s website
The easiest and the quickest way to do IDBI Aadhaar link is to visit the bank’s website and link from there. The process is as follows –
- Go to www.idbibank.in and click on ‘Aadhaar verification’
- A new page would open wherein you would have to enter in your 12-digit Aadhaar card number and your customer ID
- When you submit these details, an OTP would be sent to your mobile number which is registered in the Aadhaar database
- Enter the OTP and submit the verification request. Thereafter, the bank would verify your Aadhaar number within 3-5 working days.
- Through phone banking
You can dial the phone banking number of the bank and link your Aadhaar to your bank account through IVR. The process is as follows –
- Dial 1800 209 4324 or 1800 22 1070 and choose the language in which you want to continue
- Thereafter, in the main menu choose ‘Banking Accounts’
- In the menu that follows, choose the option ‘Aadhaar Linking’ and then choose the option ‘Aadhaar Seeding’
- You would be asked to provide your customer ID and 12-digit Aadhaar number
- Enter the numbers and you would receive an OTP on your registered mobile number
- Enter the OTP and the request for Aadhaar seeding would be accepted. If the details match the details recorded in the UIDAI website, your Aadhaar card seeding would be done with your bank account.
- Through I-net banking
IDBI offers internet banking facility to its accountholders which is called I-net banking. If you are registered for the internet banking facility offered by the bank, you can do IDBI Aadhaar link through your online banking account. The process is as follows –
- You would have to log into your online banking account using your user ID and password
- In your account’s dashboard, click on ‘Requests’ and under ‘Requests’ click on ‘Aadhaar linking request’
- You would have to provide your Aadhaar card number and submit it
- The bank would verify your Aadhaar number and if it is verified, your Aadhaar number would be linked to your savings bank account
- Through Go Mobile+ App
IDBI Bank has launched its mobile application called Go Mobile+ Application. You can download the application on your Smartphone and register yourself for doing banking activities on your phone. One such banking activity which you can do through the application is linking your Aadhaar number with your bank account. The process for linking is as follows –
- Open the application and choose the ‘Requests’ tab
- Under ‘Requests’ you would have to choose ‘Aadhaar linking request’
- Then you would have to enter in your Aadhaar card number and submit the number
The Aadhaar linking request would be sent to the bank which would then verify your details. Once the details are verified, your bank account would be linked with your Aadhaar number.
- Through the branch of the bank
The last mode of doing IDBI Aadhaar link is through the branch of IDBI Bank. The bank has its branch in almost all the cities and towns of India and you can visit the branch to submit the linking request. The process is as follows –
- Visit the branch and avail the Aadhaar Seeding form. The form is also available online and can be downloaded through the link https://www.idbibank.in/pdf/APPLICATION-FOR-LINKING-AADHAR-NUMBER-TO-BANK-ACCOUNT.pdf
- Fill up the form providing all the necessary details required. These details include your name, date, name of the branch where the form is being submitted, 12-digit Aadhaar card number, name of the holder of the Aadhaar card as contained in the card, your primary account number, mobile number and signature or thumb impression
- You would have to submit the filled form at the branch along with a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar card
- You would also have to show your original Aadhaar card at the time of submission of the form so that the original can be matched against the copy being submitted
- Once the form and the copy of the Aadhaar card is submitted, the bank would process your request for linking your bank account with Aadhaar
- Once the details are matched and verified, your account would be successfully linked with your Aadhaar number
These are the different ways in which IDBI Bank allows you to do IDBI Aadhaar link. You can choose any of the above-mentioned ways and submit a request for linking your bank account with Aadhaar. The processes are all simple and quick and allow you to link your account with Aadhaar within the shortest possible time.
Yes, there is a difference between Aadhaar verification and Aadhaar seeding. Aadhaar verification can be done for all bank accounts that you have in your name while Aadhaar seeding would be done only with one saving account that you have throughout India.
No, the Aadhaar linking process is completely free of cost. You just need to follow the steps to link your bank account with Aadhaar. No fee is required to be paid.
The registered mobile number means the mobile number which is registered in the Aadhaar database. Only when you provide your registered mobile number would you be able to receive an OTP sent by the UIDAI which would help you complete the linking process.