Aadhaar is a 12-digit identification number allotted to every resident of India based on your biometric and demographic data. The 12-digit number will be unique for each and every individual. The Aadhaar card number is being issued as well as managed by the UIDAI-Unique Identification Authority of India. It supports offering a well-arranged and transparent administration by removing unprincipled practices and corruption to a great extent. This is primarily due to the fact that each resident is being offered a unique identification number. It is now compulsory to have an Aadhaar knowing the ever-increasing significance and introduction of several government-based arrangements today.
Scope of Aadhaar
Every single Indian resident must be issued an Aadhaar card. A person who is residing in India for 182 days, from the Aadhaar application date is ideally treated as a resident. Additionally, foreigners staying in India for more than a year are qualified for Aadhaar enrolment. The residents would need to provide his or her photograph, iris scan, fingerprint which comprises the biometric details and name, date of birth and address which is the demographic information in order to get this unique identity, ‘Aadhaar’. Aadhaar is commonly used to obtain and validate the details of an individual who wants to avail of the government subsidy. In the absence of an Aadhaar card, any government-based subsidies, as well as services, will not be given. Aadhaar cannot be treated as proof of domicile. Your Aadhaar card not only acts as an important identity proof but also is used in almost all kinds of services like opening a bank account, for making any investment, for taking an LPG gas connection and many more. Also, linking your Aadhaar number to all the financial instruments and vital documents has been suggested to avail of numerous other benefits of government schemes.
Rationale and Importance for HDFC life aadhaar link
According to the Prevention of Money Laundering (Maintenance of Records) (Seventh Amendment) Rules, 2017, IRDA-Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority in India, the controlling body of all insurance products, had instructed the insurance companies including life and general insurance, providing to assist their members to link their Aadhaar number with the respective Life Insurance Policy.
And it is in this line of thought, HDFC has come up with an easy process of HDFC life aadhaar link, by which the account holders will be able to link their HDFC Life Insurance Policy with their Aadhaar number as well as their PAN number.
Here, we will talk more about the HDFC life aadhaar link process and understand the process as a whole.
What is HDFC Life Insurance?
HDFC Life is one of primary India’s life insurance companies, providing an array of individual and group insurance solutions to meet various life cycle needs of the clientele. You can buy a life insurance product from them which may include Savings & Investments Protection, Pension, Health, etc.
Aadhaar being an utmost vital identity document and HDFC like insurance is an important financial instrument, HDFC Life has taken the step to do an HDFC life aadhaar link.
What is HDFC life aadhaar linking?
HDFC life aadhaar linking is a method in which an individual having an HDFC life plan can link his or her details of the card to his or her Aadhaar Card. Hence, by doing HDFC life aadhaar linking, all the details for that individual will be warehoused in one central storehouse.
Let us understand the HDFC life aadhaar linking concept in detail.
How to do HDFC life aadhaar linking online?
The steps to do an HDFC life aadhaar linking are very easy and simple which you would need to follow. Here are the below steps mentioned for your reference:
- Step 1: Visit the official site or e-portal of HDFC Life Aadhaar Linking page https://cp.hdfclife.com/Aadhar_Info/Default.aspx?Source=Website
- Step 2: Next, you will be needed to fill in your details like your HDFC life policy number, date of birth, Aadhaar card number and your PAN number
- Step 3: There are certainterms and conditions which you must read carefully
- Step 4: The next step for you would be to submit all the details
- Step 5: The given details will be authenticated from UIDAI
- Step 6: After completing the verification, your Aadhaar card would be linked with your HDFC Life insurance policy
- Step 7: Once the linking is done, you will get a message in your mobile number and your email confirming the completion of HDFC life aadhaar linking process
How to do HDFC life aadhaar linking offline?
Another method of doing HDFC life aadhaar linking is you can simply visit the branch bank and link your Aadhaar card with your HDFC Life insurance policy. Here are the steps as mentioned below to do the same:
- Step 1: Visit your nearest branch bank of HDFC. You may also update your Aadhaar number, PAN card number, and your contact details at any HDFC Life branch. Visit https://www.hdfclife.com/branch-locator to trace your nearest branch
- Step 2: You can ask for aPAN and Aadhaar linking form from one of the official and then fill the necessary details carefully
- Step 3: You would also need to attach self-attested copies of your Aadhaar card and PAN card. Make sure to carry your original PAN and Aadhaar card with you, as the same will be validated
- Step 4: Submit all the documents to the branch official
- Step 5: After submission, you will get a receipt of your transaction that you can use later to track the status of your request for HDFC life aadhaar linking
Important aspects to keep in mind before doing HDFC life aadhaar linking
You must keep the below-mentioned things in mind when linking PAN and Aadhar with HDFC Life insurance policy:
- You need to have your policy number, Aadhaar card and PAN handy when you are submitting the linking form online
- HDFC Life gets access to your Aadhaar details like your name, aadhaar number, date of birth from UIDAI and nothing else gets shared, hence nothing to worry about the security of your data or information
- HDFC Life will link your Aadhaar number with your insurance policy on behalf of you
- HDFC Life is allowed to link the Aadhaar only for two purposes, which are authentication and e-KYC
- The HDFC life aadhaar linking process might take till 48 hours to have the same effect in your “My Account” option
- If you have more than one HDFC life insurance policy, then all your policies would be linked under one client id with your Aadhaar by way of this procedure
- An important point to note here is that in case the authentication of anyone documents failed, your Aadhaar and PAN will not be linked with the respective client ID and you probably need to try once more or you can take help from any branch official if needed
Documents required for doing HDFC life aadhaar linking
You don’t require many documents to complete the process of the HDFC life aadhaar link. You just need to carry some basic documents to do this activity if you are visiting a branch or keep handy in case you are using the online method of linking. Below are the necessary documents which are needed for doing HDFC life aadhaar link
- Policy document – Must be an original and self-attested in case you are visiting the branch
- Aadhaar card -Must be an original together with a self-attested copy in case you are visiting the branch
- PAN card -Must be an original together with a self-attested copy in case you are visiting the branch
- Policy number in case you are using the online method of HDFC life aadhaar link
Pros and Cons of HDFC life aadhaar linking
- HDFC life aadhaar linkingis not just advantageous for your insurance provider like an HDFC Life Insurance, but it will benefit you in the long run. This exercise aids in easy and quicker claim settlement and simultaneously lessens down the number of fake claims
- As linking your Aadhar card is compulsory by the government now, your insurance policy will be in-force only when you complete the KYC procedure during renewal. It is even more significant for health insurance, as your claim might not be permitted without your KYC being completed. So, it is highly recommended, that you link your aadhaar number with your HDFC Life insurance policy at the earliest
- While it is crucial and even obligatory to link your Aadhaar card, it is also problematic at times. The procedure though very easy may feel complicated to individuals who are ignorant, particularly since all insurance company has its individual method to complete the entire procedure
- Like any new change when bought is full of contradictions many people are of the opinion that the process is needless and complex, but it is anticipated to be acknowledged and valued in the long run, as it is needed for the benefit of both the insurers like HDFC Life as well as you as a policyholder.
HDFC life aadhaar link is an important activity and you must ensure to do the same so that there are no issues in the future. Follow the easy and simple steps and get the same done effortlessly.
No, not really. All insurers have their different methods to link any insurance policy with the Aadhaar number.
Yes, you would need to link your Aadhaar with all your life insurance policies.
Presently, there is no option to do HDFC life aadhaar link through an SMS mode.
There are many methods to link your Aadhaar Card with your HDFC bank account like via Internet banking, visit a branch, ATM, online through net banking, via an SMS service, phone banking.
You will be able to link your HDFC credit card with your Aadhaar card number by visiting any branch of HDFC bank or by contacting the customer care toll-free number 1800-425-4332 and request for your Aadhaar verification.