Ever since the Government of India launched the Aadhaar card, it has been motivating individuals to enrol for the card. The Aadhaar card is an important identification document that gives you a 12-digit unique identification code. The card records your name, address, age, date of birth and biometric records and can be used for verification purposes.
The Aadhaar card also serves as an important document for financial transactions. That is why the Government launched the concept of linking the card with your bank account. This allows easy identification of the account holder and helps you do banking transactions much more easily. Find out how you can link your Aadhaar card with your bank account (Interlinking with how to link Aadhaar).
Moreover, if you have submitted the request to link your Aadhaar card to your bank account, you can also check the status of the linking online. Find out how (interlinking with status check).
If you are a customer with the Bank of India, you can do a Bank of India Aadhaar link through various ways. The bank allows different modes for the BOI Aadhaar link. Let’s find out.
Bank of India Aadhaar Link through the website
You can do a BOI Aadhaar link directly from the website of the bank. Just visit the website of the bank, https://www.bankofindia.co.in/, and look for the Bank of India Aadhaar card link option. Click on the option, enter in your personal details and Aadhaar card number and submit the linking request online.
The bank would verify your Aadhaar card details and upon successful verification, your account would be linked with your Aadhaar number.
Bank of India Aadhaar link through net banking
Net banking facility is allowed to the account holders of Bank of India. So, if you are an account holder of the bank and registered for the net banking services, you can do a Bank of India Aadhaar card link by logging into your net banking account. The process is as follows –
- Go to the internet banking facility offered by the bank either through the bank’s website of using the link https://starconnectcbs.bankofindia.com/BankAwayRetail/(S(3awn0a453jf5dg55ven5ef30))/web/L001/retail/jsp/user/RetailSignOn.aspx?RequestId=46764994
- Log into your account with your user ID and password.
- Then choose the Aadhaar linking option available on the net banking page
- Enter your Aadhaar card number and verify it by entering it again
- Submit your linking request online and the bank would verify the details
- If everything is found to be in order, your bank account would be linked with your Aadhaar card.
Bank of India Aadhaar link through the ATM
Bank of India has a vast network of ATMs located all across India. You can locate the nearest ATM of the bank and use it for the BOI Aadhaar link. The process is as follows –
- Find the nearest BOI ATM using the link https://www.bankofindia.co.in/Home/Locateus?parmtype=Branch
- Visit the ATM and swipe your card. Enter in your PIN number to log into your account
- Choose the Aadhaar linking option on the screen
- Enter the 12-digit Aadhaar card number and verify it
- Submit your details and the bank would process your linking request
- After the verification is done successfully, your bank account would be linked to your Aadhaar number
Bank of India Aadhaar link through the mobile application
Bank of India has launched its mobile application for ease of banking. You can download the mobile app from Google Play Store or Apple Store and install it on your mobile. Then, you can register on the app and use it for the Bank of India Aadhaar card link. The process is as follows –
- Install the application and register yourself to check your bank account details
- Choose the Aadhaar linking option
- Provide your Aadhaar card number and then verify it
- Submit your linking request through the application
- The bank would verify your Aadhaar details and then link your account with the card at the earliest.
Bank of India Aadhaar link through phone banking
Bank of India also offers phone banking facilities using which you can do the BOI Aadhaar link. You can call on 1800 103 1906 which is a toll-free number or 022-4091 9191 which is chargeable. Through these numbers, you can link your Aadhaar with your bank account. Call these numbers and verify yourself. Then, you can opt for the Aadhaar linking facility, provide your Aadhaar card number and submit your request. The bank would verify your Aadhaar details and then link your account if everything is found to be in order.
You can also do the Bank of India Aadhaar link through SMS. You can send a message to the bank in a prescribed format and your account would be linked with your Aadhaar number which you mention in the SMS.
Bank of India Aadhaar link through the branch
Lastly, you can visit the nearest branch of the bank for doing the BOI Aadhaar link. This is an offline mode of linking your Aadhaar with your account. The process is as follows –
- Locate the nearest branch of the bank using the link https://www.bankofindia.co.in/Home/Locateus?parmtype=Branch
- Visit the branch and fill up the Aadhaar linking form available there
- Mention your name, address, account details and Aadhaar card number
- You would also have to submit a copy of the Aadhaar card along with the request form
- The bank’s executive would verify your Aadhaar number and accept your request
- The bank would, then, verify your details and process your request
- After a successful verification, your Aadhaar card would be linked to your Bank of India Account
With so many modes available at your disposal, you can choose the most convenient one and link your Aadhaar card with your Bank of India account quite easily.
There are no charges involved in Aadhaar linking. It is a completely free service.
You should contact the bank to find out the reason for the delay. There might be an error in your linking application or in the Aadhaar number that you furnished which might have delayed the linking. Find out the reason and take corrective actions if needed to do the Bank of India Aadhaar link at the earliest.
You can visit the UIDAI website and check whether your bank account has been linked to Aadhaar or not.
No, it is not mandatory to link the bank account with Aadhaar. However, for easier banking practices it would be feasible to link your Aadhaar with your bank account.
You can register for the internet banking facility to link your Aadhaar using the net banking facility. To register you can visit https://starconnectcbs.bankofindia.com/BankAwayRetail/(S(x3qizz45x0gbju45mh2s5u24))/web/L001/retail/jsp/user/ONUCMainForm.aspx?RequestId=21079376 and fill up the online form. Once you are registered, you can link your Aadhaar through net banking.