The Government of India introduced Aadhaar to provide all Indian citizens with a unique identification tool and the Aadhaar card has turned out to be an important document that helps an individual to provide an identity and address proof. The government of India has started executing the procedure of linking all bank accounts with aadhaar. The purpose of this process is that it will benefit the government in removing the duplications and false identities, and will be able to provide any direct benefit schemes to the deserving individuals. Aadhaar link with bank accounts will enhance Indian economy in eliminating the fake stakeholders and will help specifically thepoor segment of the society and also will put a stop to the money laundering process.
Considering above point, Axis Bank, a leader in private sector banks in India, has offered easy methods of Axis bank aadhaar link, by which the Axis bank account holders will be able to link their accounts with their Aadhaar number.
We will take you through various Axis bank aadhaar link procedures and understand the steps for each method.
How to link aadhaar with axis bank account via the bank’s website?
Under this method, you need not register for internet banking to avail of this facility. You need to follow the below simple steps to do Axis bank aadhaar link online:
- Visit Axis Bank’s official website at https://www.axisbank.com/retail/accounts/savings-account/useful-links/update-your-information
- Provide your Customer ID
- Enter your 15-digits Axis account number
- Now, click on Login key
- Enter your Aadhaar card number
- Enter the OTP that will be sent to your registered cell number
- Click on Terms and Conditions
- Press the Submit button
- Axis Bank will accept your request
- A confirmation message will be sent to you after successful Axis bank aadhaar link
How to link aadhaar with axis bank account via net banking?
You can link your Axis bank accounts with your Aadhaar through net banking as well. You need to register first to use the net banking facility. Follow the below simple steps to do Axis bank aadhaar link online:
- Visit Axis Bank official website and log in to internet banking at https://retail.axisbank.co.in/wps/portal/rBanking/axisebanking/AxisRetailLogin
- Choose the “Services” tab
- Tick on the option of “Other Services”
- Choose “Link Your Aadhaar”
- Select your account number from the pop-up list
- Enter your Customer ID
- Enter your Aadhaar number
- A secured code will be sent via SMS
- Enter the code
- Click on “Submit” for you to complete the process of Axis bank aadhaar link
How to link aadhaar with axis bank account via ATM?
For this method, you need to have an effective debit card with you to use this facility. The steps are very easy and you can link your aadhaar easily. Follow the below steps to do Axis bank aadhaar link online:
- Visit the nearest Axis Bank ATM
- Insert your Debit or ATM card
- Now enter your PIN
- Click on the option of “Special Services”
- Now, click on “Link Aadhaar Number”
- Enter your Aadhaar card number and Submit
- Your Aadhaar will be linked with your bank account
How to link aadhaar with axis bank account via a mobile app?
Axis Bank has provided the facility to do the Axis bank aadhaar link through a mobile app. Below are the simple steps that you need to follow to do the Axis bank aadhaar link:
- Download and log into Axis Mobile app
- Choose “Insta Services” under the Menu tab
- Tick on the option of “Link Aadhaar card for Govt. benefits”
- Enter your Aadhaar card number
- Select your bank accounts
- Submit your request
- Your Axis bank account will be linked with your Aadhaar
How to link aadhaar with axis bank account via phone banking?
You can use this facility if you have your mobile number registered with Axis Bank. Below are the steps that you need to follow:
- Contact the toll-free number 1860 419 5555 or 1860 500 5555
- Choose your preferred language
- Select the option to speak to the phone banking executive
- Place your request to do link your Axis bank account with your aadhaar
- Confirm your account number
- Provide your 12-digits Aadhaar number
- You will get a confirmation message after successful linking of your Aadhaar with your account
How to link aadhaar with axis bank account by visiting any branch?
Axis Bank has also given the facility to do Axis bank aadhaar link by visiting branch. Follow the below steps:
- Visit your nearest Axis Bank branch
- Fill a form of Aadhaar linking available in the branch
- You may also download the form from https://www.axisbank.com/docs/default-source/download-document/personal/loans/aadhaar-request-form.pdf
- Attach a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar card along with the form
- Submit the said form to the bank officer
- Show your original Aadhaar for authentication
- A receipt comprising a service request number will be given to you
- Your Axis bank account would be linked with your Aadhaar immediately
So, if you still haven’t linked your Axis Bank account with your Aadhaar, go ahead and choose any method suitable to you and complete the process of Axis bank aadhaar link.
You can download the Axis Mobile Google Play Store for Android phones, App Store for Apple phones and the Nokia store for Windows phones. Otherwise, you can send an SMS MBANK to 5676782 to get the link.
If you are having a dual SIM phone, make sure that the bank registered cell number is designated as the main number and is active.
Aadhaar is a significant document, however, it’s not mandatory to do the linking as of now.
No, it is free for all kind of methods.
Yes, you can. Axis Bank is one of the authorised enrolment centres through which you can apply for aadhaar.